So, I just go about my blogging world, happily and often stressfully blogging about hard topics. I had no idea there are AWARDS given for these things! LOL Thank you so much Hayley with Red Letters for nominating me!! Your blog is inspiring and a spiritual retreat in a blog for me!
OK! Along with nomination comes responsibility… so here goes….
I’d like to nominate the following amazing bloggers for their contributions to my life through their blogs. I’d like to nominate:
creativityandcats This is my daughters blog! Please go show her some love!
I love all of these blogs and visit them regularly. Some are just starting and others are well established but they are all well written and great reading!! Bloggers feel free to participate or not according to your desire; just know I LOVE YA!!
Now, 7 facts about me!
- I have a HUGE family! I got married a little over a year ago, in Feb 2016. I have 3 biological kids and my husband has 3 bio kids, 1 adopted daughter and a step son. Its way too hard trying to explain all those relationships so….TADAH! we have 8 kids and 6 live at home 😀 This does present some problems and requires creative problem solving skills, such as we only have room for a 4 person dining table so we eat in rotation!
- I love my big backyard. When I left my abusive relationship 7 years ago, and was awarded a divorce settlement, God spoke and told me “Buy a House. Put down roots.” I said “where” and he didn’t answer. Long story short, I was miraculously given the opportunity to purchase this lovely house on an acre of land. It has been a boat load of work and for 6 years I single adulated this place. There were MANY times I wanted to sell and get out. I am so very thankful for this home. My children love it here. My cats love it here and there was enough room to expand so when we got married we didn’t have to move. We love our hammock, our trampoline, our garden and our ramshackle tree fort. Fruit trees and a swing make it perfect.
3. I ADORE and crave Adventure! I want to live! I want to fly! I love doing things that challenge me. Giant swing, snorkeling, 60 feet up in the air rope challenge course, white water rafting, getting lost on a mountain and hiking out, North America’s highest zip line…are all things I have done and LOVED. I try to find adventure in everyday living. Getting lost? no problem! Lets see where we end up! First date with my husband? Lets go Dirt Biking. He was so sweet when I treed his bike and he wasn’t worried about the bike but about me! I have a long list of things I’d love to enjoy before I can’t. ADVENTURE ON!
4. I REALLY love shoes!! I have A LOT of gorgeous shoes. Heels, flats, boots, stilettos, runners…you name it, I probably have it!! Seriously, shoes are awesome. I have a whole closet full to prove it. I love them so much, I created a fund raiser called “Heels for Healing Stiletto Sprint” and it was a blast! We had a local artist design a HUGE shoe that is still displayed in the down town mall. I love them so much, I had a professional photo shoot of my shoes at one point HAHAHA.
5. I was born and raised in British Columbia, Canada. I am very proud of my heritage. I was born in Vernon and raised in the Barriere area. I went to high school near Vancouver and College in Edmonton, Alberta. I moved to the states when I got married and then moved all over the states because my first husband is in the USAF.
6. Birds mean a lot to me!! Do you wonder why my blog is called ‘little bird’? Why I have pictures of birds? I LOVE fat little colorful birds. After I left my abusive marriage, I was seeking the comfort of Christ. I asked Him to speak into my life and rename me. He named me ‘His Little Bird’ and told me that he will always care for me and that I don’t have to fly alone! From then on, I adore little birds.
7. I am a Christ Follower! I found the Lord at an early age and throughout my life He just keeps revealing more and more of himself to me. I love it when He talks to me, guides me and loves me. There are so many ways that He connects with me on a daily basis. He gave me my mission a year after I left my marriage and then provided the training grounds for me to prepare me for the mission He’s given. I’ve been called to minister to Christian victims of Domestic Violence. I am currently in the start up phases of a non profit called HAVEN (Helping Abuse Victims Escape Nationwide).
Hello! Thank you for including me! I’m so glad to have connected with you on here and I’m looking forward to getting to know more about your mission. I love “…while we discover God’s amazing love for women, for victims and for anyone who has been broken and wounded…” Perfect for me 🙂